Hi! I'm Vanessa!
My journey with photography started in 2010 while I was attending Major League Gaming events/tournaments. I'm a true gamer at heart, but when I fell in love with the work of Enrique Espinoza, I started focusing and looking at the photography coverage, more so than the games being played by competitors. With the support of my husband, I purchased the Canon Rebel XSi in 2012 and things took off from there. I worked as a media photographer for Quantic Gaming + eSports Nation for 2012 & 2013 while developing + honing my craft.
I take images from a photojournalistic perspective, I like to capture the moments as they happen. I love seeing the emotions between people evoked in my images. It gives me a warm feeling in my tummy. I can also do posed shots too, but my work thrives best with unposed + raw images. Sessions take place on location, normally outdoors, but can be indoors or in your own home if needed.
More About Vanessa
- I'm in my early 30's, but no one ever pegs me for my age.
- My favorite color is Purple, but my accent colors of choice are Gray, White, & Black.
- I met my husband in 2007 over the Xbox on the video game Halo 2.
- I shoot all sessions/events with the Canon 5D Mark III. Canon girl for life. <3
- My best friend is my 6 year old teacup chihuahua, Cosmo.
- My husband is in the United States Marine Corps + plans to make it a career.
- I have a New York/New Jersey accent, but have never been to either state.
- Music is my escape + my go to while editing or driving.
- Coca cola is my favorite drink, next to water of course.
- I hate talking on the phone, but I always text back.
Image Credit: Infinite Delight Photography